|Daphne Simkiss||Edna Thornley||Helen Skidmore||Helen Sammons|
Welcome to the 2021 Stafford Ladies Bowls Website
Contact details for this league - Helen Skidmore - firstname.lastname@example.org - 07864 370477
Firstly Happy New Year and we hope that you and your families are safe and well in these very odd times.
You are being sent this e-mail as either your team’s captain or league representative for the Stafford Ladies League. If this is no longer you then please let us know who the new contact(s) are and please forward this information to them.
As the AGM would have been at the end of January we have no option but to cancel it as a physical meeting. We would like though to gauge you and your teams thoughts for the coming season.
At this point, with National Lockdown, even those greens which stay open during the winter have been closed following guidance provided by the BCGBA, though they were able to stay open, for limited access, when areas were in the lower tiers. Therefore if we decide to have some sort of league or competition games this season we may be impacted by National changes/restrictions.
Before we come up with a proposal for the season can we ask you to have a chat with your teams/clubs and let us know the following for each team:
1. Will your team want to participate in the league this summer?
2. If so will you be able to put in a full strength team or will your numbers be reduced? If so how many players do you think you will have?
3. If you can't put a team into the league would any of your players wish to participate in games/competitions?
4. Has your club indicated yet whether or not if will be available for league games this season?
5. If the club is available do they know yet whether or not refreshment and toilet facilities will be available?
Once we have the responses from each club we will see what options are open to us. We would though just like to say that if we don’t play the league this year or we do and any individual team isn’t able to take part then the relevant subs will simply be rolled forward to 2022.
Please in the first instance respond by the end of January.
The Committee, Stafford Ladies Bowls League
Dont forget that League Games start as standard at 6pm in April and September, reverting to 6.30 for the rest of the season. Any other time changes must be agreed by both teams.
As the League goes well into September if you want to re-organise your September games you can do so at any point during the season, providing the date is convenient for both teams. Please let Helen Sammons know about any re-arrangements.
Have a good season.