|Brian Allen||Joyce Swire||Wendy Icke|
|01630 653229||01630 653044||01630 658810|
1. The League shall be known as the Market Drayton Senior Citizens Bowling League with the addition of the current sponsor.
2. The League shall have the following Office Holders who will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. A President (eligible to serve a maximum of three consecutive years). A Chairman (eligible to serve two consecutive years). A Secretary (including results) / Treasurer. Two SCGBA delegates. The Chairman, Secretary / Treasurer and the SCGBA delegates are available for re-election.
2a. The League shall be managed by a Management Committee comprising of the League Officals plus Three representatives of the member clubs elected at the League’s AGM. The three elected representatives shall be appointed to serve for three years, appointments will be reviewed in rotation at the AGM, representatives will be eligible for re-election. The Committee shall have the power to act upon any matter including complaints, disputes, fines, etc..
2b. There shall be an Executive Committee comprising of the Management Committee members plus One representative from each member club. Each club shall be allowed one vote. More non-voting representatives may attend. The Chairman of the meeting to have a casting vote if necessary. Decisions made by the Executive Committee shall be final and binding. Any directive not complied with, will incur a penalty of 50 chalks for the offending team.
2c. No rule of the League shall be altered, recinded or added to unless it is passed at the AGM of the League.
3. Clubs to pay £10.00 per team annually at the first meeting after the AGM, and match fees £3.20 per team each League match. All monies due to the League must be paid on or by Finals Day. Clubs with outstanding dues, not paid by Finals Day will be fined £20.00. The accounts of the League shall be made up and audited by 31st December each year and shall be presented for approval at the AGM. The AGM will be held in January to receive the annual accounts for the previous year and elect officals of the League and a Management Committee.
4. All members must be at least 60 years of age.
5. Matches to be played on Wednesday afternoons commencing at 2pm.
6. Each team will comprise of 8 players.
7. Clubs to be within a radius of approximately 10 miles of the centre of Market Drayton. Any club wishing to become a member of the League must apply before 31st December. Clubs may be allowed to enter one or more teams.
8. Clubs competing in the League must be affiliated to the SCGBA and all games governed by the BCGBA rules. Each club must have a copy of these rules displayed in their clubhouse.
9. The number of teams in each division of the League shall be decided by the Committee, who shall also have the power to deal with any unforeseen circumstances.
10.The players with the highest average in each division of the League (both male and female) will receive the Best Indivual Performance Prize. (Number of points scored divided by the number of games played by the individual, walk-overs will not count, 80% of games or more must be played to qualify).
11a.The Winners and Runners up of each division and team knock-out competition shall receive a cash prize.All other competition winners and runners up will receive an individual trophy.
11b.An Annual Presentation Luncheon will be held. Prize monies not collected at the Luncheon will become forfeit and returned to League funds. All prize winners are expected to attend the above event. No refunds given a week before function.
12.No person other than the players and the referees together with the measurers are allowed on the green.
13.One representative of each team shall mark each game. Score cards shall be checked every three ends and if they fail to agree, the scores revert to where they last agreed. Captains to arbitrate.
14.No League match can be played other than on the date of the fixed and stated in the fixture book except for inclement weather, or a funeral on the date of the fixture.
14a. Cancellation:The home team can cancel if, in his/her or the green man’s opinion, the condition of the green due to inclement weather, does not permit the match to be played. The opposing team captain must be given at least 2 hours notice of cancellation. The Results Secretary must be informed within 24 hours, and the game must be played within 14 days of the original date. The clubs concerned shall mutually agree a date in consultation with the Results Secretary, teams failing to make such arrangement,will be subject to a fine of £20.00. They then must submit to the League Management Committee’s ruling.
14b Abandonment: Either captain can abandon a match which is due to start or has started, if the weather conditions justify such action. The result of completed games will stand, and the points scored in uncompleted games shall be retained, The Results Secretary must be informed within 24 hours, and the uncompleted games must be played within 14 days of the original date, with the same players. The clubs involved shall mutually agree a date in consultation with the Results Secretary, teams failing to make such arrangement will be subject to a fine of £20.00. They then must submit to the League Management Committee’s ruling.
14c.Postpone: A fixture can be postponed for a funeral ( of a past or present club member) on the date of the fixture. The captain postponing the match must give the opposing captain and the Results Secretary 72 hours notice of the postponement. Failure to do so will result in a fine of £20.00. As an alternative, the two captains can agree to play the match on a prior day or at an alternative time on the fixture day, having previously informed the Results Secretary of the arrangement. The games must be played within 14 days of the original date, if the clubs cannot agree a mutual date, they must submit to the League Management Committees ruling.
15. A player can only play for one club in the Market Drayton Senior Citizens Bowling League per season. A player can only play for one team in one week, even though one match could be a re-arranged match.
15a.Any team playing an ineligible player shall lose 40 chalks from the League table.
15b.All protests must be in the hands of the League Results Secretary, (in writing) within 3 clear days (Sundays excluded) and must be accompanied by a protest fee of £5.00 which will be returned if the protest is upheld. Representatives of the club who have lodged a complaint or dispute shall not be allowed to sit on any Committee whilst the matter is decided.
16. Notice of New Rules must be sent in writing to reach the League Secretary, no later than 30th November.
17. Each team must take a minimum of 10 fixture books, no returns allowed.