|President||Chairman||Secretary / Treasurer||Registrar|
|Bill Adams||Paul Chamberlain||Glynn Holmes||Ian Wallis|
|60 Milldale Avenue, Burbage||38 Union Road||3 John Street, Clay Cross||Flat 20, Elizabeth Court, Brough Road|
|Buxton, SK17 9BG||Swadlincote, DE11 0QF||Chesterfield, S45 9NQ||Winshill, Burton-on-Trent, DE15 0EG|
|Tel 01298 24554 - Mob 07811 325948||Mob 07734 678823||Tel 01246 865865 - Mob 07974 384455||Tel 01283 515855 - Mob 07934 896742|
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org||Email email@example.com||Email firstname.lastname@example.org||Email email@example.com|
Derbyshire Crown Green Bowls Association
Unfortunately no minutes or other records survive from the founding of the association and it was assumed it was founded in 1911 the same year as the first county matches were played. The association celebrated their Centenary in 2011 and a commemorative handbook was produced by Mr Bill Maybry to mark the occasion.
Upon further investigation in December 2018, a newspaper article was discovered in the Derbyshire edition of the Ashton Reporter newspaper dated 11th June 1910 indicating that a meeting was held at New Mills on Thursday 9th June 1910 at the instigation of Buxton Cricket & Bowls Club and to Mr H. Barker in particular. At the meeting it was resolved to form an Association with the ultimate intention of joining the National Bowling Association (British Crown Green Bowling Association).
As a result of the meeting the Derbyshire Crown Green Bowls Association was formed with Mr F. Pyle of Buxton as President and Mr H Barker of Buxton as secretary. The founder clubs all represented at the meeting were:
Buxton Cricket & Bowls Club
Fairfield Conservative Club
New Mills Bowls, Cricket & Tennis Club
Princes Hotel, Chinley
Royal Oak, Mellor
Birch Hall, Hayfield
Whaley Bridge Bowling and Tennis Club
*Spring Gardens (Compstall)
It was also decided to hold a competition on August Bank Holiday 1910 at the Princes Hotel, Chinley, four representatives from each club to participate. The first Derbyshire Individual Merit Competition.
Derby Midland joined in 1911 and the following year four Burton clubs, Derby Turn, Stapenhill, Winshill and Wyggeston. Osmaston and Navigation Osmaston both appear in 1913, Rolls Royce comes along in 1914 and though numerous other clubs were known to have been in existence those mentioned are the only ones definitely affiliated to Derbyshire before the First World War. Clubs shown in italics are no longer in existence today. In 1928 the association was re-organised, the North (New Mills / Buxton), the South (Derby / Burton) and the East (Chesterfield).
*Spring Gardens were previously known as Compstall and Compstall Gardens. Strangely the bowling club is actually situated in the adjacent village of Marple Bridge.