|Secretary||Assistant Secretary||Competition Secretary||Press Secretary||Chairman||Assistant Chairman||President||Treasurer||
|Irving Price||David Broderick||Kevin Stevenson||Keith Cherrett||Brenda Jones||Kevin Stevenson||John Lloyd||John Davies||Malcolm Parry|
WREXHAM AREA CONSTITUTION
The name of the association shall be Wrexham Area Bowling Association and shall consist of bona fide bowling clubs affiliated thereto.
New clubs may be admitted as members subject to the approval of the Management Committee, and on payment of the annual affiliation fee.
To generally foster and promote the game of crown green bowls, and assist clubs which are affiliated in organising the game of bowls.
All games must be played under the Rules and Laws of the game as laid down by the British Crown Green Bowling Association.
To affiliate to the Welsh Crown Green Bowling Association for the purpose of organising, Area Qualifiers for Welsh Senior Merit, Welsh Veterans Merit and County Matches and Individual County Championships.
To do such acts and things to further the interests of the Association, and its affiliated clubs.
The affairs of the association shall be managed by a President, Chairman, Life Members, a Management Committee consisting of FIVE members plus the Honorary Secretary/Treasurer.
4.Income and expenditure
a) Items of Income payable to the Area Association are:
* Annual affiliation fee of £15.00. This is payable by the Wrexham and District Bowling League, the Pairs League, the Wrexham and District Veterans League and all member clubs within the geographical boundary of Wrexham.
The fee must be paid not later than the 1stMay each year. The club will be liable to pay the fee until they resign by notice, not later than 14 days prior to the Annual General Meeting in any year.
* Cyril Adams County Cup – a £10.00 fee is payable by each team entering the competition. In addition a £1.00 match fee is payable by each player in each game.
b) Items of expenditure payable by the Area Association are:
* To the WCGBA – such annual sums as determined by the BCGBA or WCGBA to cover the affiliation fee, public liability insurance and a BCGBA levy.
* Cyril Adams County Cup – all entry and match fees will be used in the award of prize money with 60% of the total awarded to the winners and 40% to the runners-up. Any incidental expenditure will be met from Area funds (e.g.-referee fees)
(Item 4 of the Constitution amended and extended by agreement at the AGM on 19.11.2012 Further amendments to item 4b) were agreed at the AGM on 18.11.2013)
The Annual General Meeting of member clubs shall be held during the third week of November every year, to commence at 7.30p.m. at which the routine business shall be transacted. All affiliated clubs must be represented at the A. G. M. or incur a fine of £10.00.Notice of motion must be sent to the Honorary Secretary of any proposal affecting the affairs of the Association to reach him/her not later than 21 days prior to the date of the Annual General Meeting. The Management Committee shall hold at least TWO meetings each year.
Quorum - At an Annual General Meeting, nine representatives and officers shall form a quorum, representing at least five clubs. At Management Meetings FOUR is needed to form a quorum. A Special General Meeting may be called by the Management Committee or by a requisition to the Honorary Secretary signed by the Honorary Secretaries of five clubs. The Management Committee shall have power to elect sub-committees to deal with specific matters connected with the affairs of the Association.
6. Finance and Accounts
The Financial year of the Association shall end on the 30th October each year. Proper books or computerised records shall be kept by the Honorary Treasurer, showing all receipts and payments. The accounts shall be examined each year, and each club shall receive a copy of the balance sheet, which will be sent prior to the Annual General Meeting. All monies belonging to the Association shall be banked in the name of the Association, and all payments made by cheque, signed by any two officials - President, Chairman and /or Honorary Secretary or Honorary Treasurer.
7. Laws of the Game
All competitions and events organised by the Association and affiliated clubs shall be played under the Laws of the game as laid down by the British Crown Green Bowling Association.
Annual and Special General Meetings must be called by FOURTEEN DAYS clear notice. Management Committee Meetings by SEVEN clear days notice, sub-committee meetings by FOUR clear days notice.
9. Status of Clubs
The Management Committee shall have power to investigate and enquire into the status, conduct and management of any affiliated club, and the condition of their green, on receipt of a written complaint from another club.
10. Disputes as to Rules
In case of any doubt, misunderstanding or dispute as to the interpretation of these rules, or any point not covered thereby, the Management Committee’s decision shall be final, so long as any rule or rules shall remain in force, and until such rules are revised or amended.
11. Alterations to Rules
These rules are binding on all affiliated clubs and their representatives and can only be altered or revised at an Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting. Such amendment of Rules must, to become effective, be carried by a two-thirds majority of the casting votes. The voting power at Annual General Meetings and Special General Meetings will be one club-one vote. The Management Committee have the power to co-opt persons onto the Committee, but the person so co-opted, does not have the power to vote-the person to act in an advisory capacity only.
12. Teams representing the Association
The selection of teams to represent the Association should be selected by the elected team manager.
13. Protection of Children and the Vulnerable
(a) The Wrexham Area Crown Green Bowling Association has adopted the WCGBA Child and Vulnerable Adult Policy. Any allegations in Respect of Children or Vulnerable Adults by a club in membership of the Wrexham Area Crown Green Bowling Association should be reported to the Wrexham Area Welfare Officer who will keep a register of allegations and report them to the WCGBA Welfare Officer.(b) The Wrexham Area Crown Green Bowling Association fully accepts its legal and moral obligation to exercise its duty of care and to protect ALL children and vulnerable adults participating in its activities and to safeguard their welfare. The Association is committed to do those by acknowledging that a) the welfare of the individual is paramount b) each individual, irrespective of age, gender, race or disability has the right to protection from abuse and c) each individual has a right to be safe and treated with respect and dignity. This Association shall use its best endeavours to ensure that (a) All allegations of abuse are taken seriously: (b) the response to them is swift and appropriate: (c) the effectiveness of the policy is reviewed annually and (d) a responsible person is appointed annually as Welfare Officer to whom members can address any concerns.
(c) The person appointed as the Associations Welfare Officer will be subject to a check under the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS)
Protests Appeals and Deposits
1. All questions of eligibility and qualifications of players or interpretation of the Rules shall be referred to the Management Committee.
2. No protest or complaint shall be determined by the Wrexham Area Association unless the matter has been considered by a Club or League.
3. This does not apply if there is a serious allegation of bringing the game into disrepute or any events which are the responsibility or organised by the Wrexham Area Association. In these instances the matter will be dealt with directly by the Wrexham Area Association.
4. Protests, complaints or appeals, which must contain full particulars of the grounds upon which they are founded, must be lodged with the Area Secretary, within 14 days of receiving notification of the result of an appeal to the Area Association or League. (This Association should allow at least 14 days after a decision by a Club or League before they discuss any case).
5. No protest of whatever kind shall be considered by the Management Committee unless the complainant shall have deposited with the Area Secretary the sum of TWENTY FIVE pounds which may be forfeited in whole or in part to the funds of the Wrexham Area Association. In the event of the complainant losing the case the Association shall have power to order the complainant making a frivolous protest or complaint to pay the expenses of the enquiry or to order the costs to be shared between the two parties.
6. Parties to a protest or complaint shall be afforded an opportunity of making a written statement to the Management Committee and shall be notified in writing at least 14 days in advance of the date upon which the protest or complaint is to be heard.
7. A Sub Committee consisting of four members of the Management Committee shall be appointed by the Management Committee to deal with questions raised under these Rules and of any disciplinary matters
8. Any Club or League who suspends a player from taking part in competitive crown green bowls, shall report this fact to the Association who, after at least 14 days after the hearing of the Club or League, shall consider the facts of the suspension and if the circumstances warrant it, extend the suspension to cover the area of their jurisdiction. Only the Sub Committee as indicated in 7 above can increase or decrease the period of suspension. The Management Committee may demand the production of any books, documents or other evidence deemed necessary to the Association. Should any Player Club or League refuse to furnish such evidence as may be required, or refuse to attend the enquiry, the Management Committee shall have the power to suspend such Player Club or League.
9. If a player makes a complaint and fails to get satisfaction from his/her Club he/she shall have the right to appeal to the Wrexham Area Association
Last updated –January 2018 – to incorporate changes to the Title and content of section 13 (Formally entitled – (Child Protection Policy)