RULES GOVERNING LEAGUE MATCHES
1. All games will be played in accordance with the B.C.G.B.A. Laws of the game. Four approved standard jacks, a 19 metre tape and a set of measures must be
provided by the home club in all matches.
2. Teams will consist of a minimum of six players per side, with all games 21 up. Match to consist of four singles and two doubles.
3. One point to be awarded per game to the winner, and two points to the team with the highest aggregate score, giving a total of eight points.
4. In the event of no markers, players are to score and measure themselves.
5. A complete numbered draw must be made prior to the commencement of the match. Any player not in attendance half an hour after the official starting time must be substituted by a reserve. No further alterations to the draw is then possible.
6. The team with the highest number of points at the end of the season shall be declared the champions. In the event of a tie on points, the team with the best aggregate score will be the champions. If a further tie, a play-off match will be arranged.
7. The winner/runner-up of the League Individual Merit Award shall be ascertained by the following: If two games are played (i.e. singles and doubles) in a match, the singles result will count. Doubles results will count where this is the individuals only game played in a match, up to a maximum of 25% of the league matches.
8. The winner/runner-up of a Doubles Merit Award will be ascertained from a players doubles result from a match. Singles results can count where this is the individuals only game played in a match, up to a maximum of 25% of the league matches.
9. The Clive Weatherer Trophy will be awarded to the most improved team each year based on the following logic – using the current and previous year’s final tables:
a) The team which moved up the most number of places
b) If a tie then the team with the greatest gain in points
c) If still a tie then the team with the greatest gain in aggregate
10. All matches must be played on or before the scheduled date unless S.C.B.A. fixtures or inclement weather causes postponements. Matches postponed due the above must be played within 21 days and the league secretary notified of the revised date. Failure to complete a fixture within the stipulated time will result in the committee fixing a date which will be binding on both teams concerned. The league programme must be completed by 30th. September each year.
11. Players will be registered with the league at a fee to be arranged at the A.G.M. All players must be bona-fide members of their clubs before they become eligible to play in the league or cup matches. The League Secretary must receive all registrations seven days prior to a match before any player is eligible to play. Any game played by an ineligible player will be forfeited 21 nil.
12. Players may only sign for one team and can only be transferred with the sanction of the committee. No transfers will be allowed after June 30th. Each year.
13. No player shall be allowed to practice or play a friendly game of bowls on an away green for five days prior to playing a league or cup fixture on that green.
14. A match result sheet must be completed at the end of every league and cup match, signed by both captains and forwarded with other result sheets to be with the league secretary within one week of the completion of the season. The home team captain/representative to update the results website with the match results within 2 days of the game and the away team captain/representative to validate the results within 4 days of the game. Any unresolved disagreements to be notified to the league secretary within 1 week of the game.
15. In all matches the captains shall act as joint referees.
16. Each team competing in league matches shall pay a fee, this to be decided at the A.G.M., towards the league’s prize fund and expenses.
17. Any matters not provided for by the foregoing rules will be determined by the committee.