Proposals for 2018 AGM will appear here once received.
The League Executive met on 31st October to consider the proposals received and add a couple of our own.
To date, we have 3 possible teams wanting to join the Vets leagues, details to be confirmed.
1. Whitby Park - amend rule 7.5.1, to make pairs games 21 up. (Evening Leagues)
2. Little Sutton - reduce the minimum age for Vets League to 50 years.
3. Bromborough Social - trial the vets format on a Friday evening for the season, this will enable teams to play with just 6 players or up to 12 if there are players available.
4. Bromborough Social - That the Friday league (Trial for the season) play as one division of 12 teams (or 11) instead of 2 divisions of 5 or 6, this would give players the opportunity to play on different greens throughout the season (instead of the 2 or 3 it feels we play on now) making it more interesting.
5. League Executive - Make Wednesday evening league, Pairs only. Number of players to be decided. Then do away with the pairs on a Friday evening, leaving that for singles only.
6. League Executive - Do away with aggregate points in evening leagues. It is hoped that this would encorage teams to play new players, without fear of a low score impacting on the aggregate score.
7. League Executive - remove Vets League Cup and Evening League Cup from the calendar/rules.
8. Veterans League - teams who don't currently play on Monday afternoons, to consider playing on Monday mornings.